Monday 8 June 2015

What Is Love?

WHAT IS ….. LOVE?

Hi, my name is Charnjit and I have been working in this field for a number of years; learning, growing and developing; initially for my own development; then progressively in response to what clients have wanted.

The "journey" began in 2005 transforming the end of a 13 year relationship with the man I married into the beginning of a personal and spiritual quest.  Its route so far has been via numerology; spiritual healing; reiki; angels; all sorts of divination cards; cartomancy; stitchomancy;  tarot; runes; crystals; colours; chakras; astrology; animal guides; spirit guides; ancestral guides, development circles and workshops; shamanism; paganism; Buddhism; spiritualism; moon cycles; meditation; massage; past life and karmic relationships; soul contracts;  all the "clairs"; astral travelling. That's the journey so far :-)

I'm still travelling.

I'm still here. 

I start each day with meditation and give thanks, amongst other things,  for this life - for it really is a beautiful and blessed gift, the gift of life.

I end each day with prayer and gratitude, giving thanks for all the wonderful people and things in my life today. 

EVERY person I encounter in my life each day is given thanks for they are my best teachers and we are all interconnected.

To love you is to love me.  We need to know how to love ourselves before we can love another, which is what it's all about.

I have what I call an internal jukebox.  Songs just pop into my head.  So one day I'm hearing "Love is in the air... " So I you tube it... search for "Love is in the air Barry Manilow" only to find it's by John Paul Young.  All this time I thought it was by Barry Manilow. Where is this going you may ask? Just that in the blink of an eye, things change, simply by what we see, hear and feel in that moment.

It was a simple and yet profound moment which led me to question (which I often do) well what really matters then, we can study for a lifetime or lifetimes, we can have experience upon experience, but what really matters then if it's continually changing? It is said that change is the only constant, but surely there must be some constant.... I have been going round and round with this one for some time and every time it comes back to the same answer... LOVE...  true love though... not physical, material, emotional... none of those... for they all have duality... and impermanence... quick fixes....  they all come with conditions and attachments.  but true love... to give from the heart without any attachment, without judgement, without expectation... to be kind, to be compassionate, be forgiving, because we are all one.  It's a challenge to say the least.  But to me, that is what love is.... and that's what I aspire to... to be kind, compassionate, forgiving, accepting and loving to myself and others (which in itself is a paradox, because there is no myself and others... we are all one).

Wishing you much love, light and happiness,

I shall leave you with some links and quotes, enjoy! 

C xx

MUSIC

Sigma feat. Labrinth - Higher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkYFIaUla6o

Howard Jones - What is Love?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmtzejfpZ8

Wet Wet Wet - Love is All Around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3gEkwhdXUE

John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air (1978)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

Blue - One Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFGPSx6cPN0

Bob Marley - One love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdB-8eLEW8g

Beatles - All you need is love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_vhYpR9xo


LINKS
http://www.osho.com/highlights-of-oshos-world/osho-on-love-quotes

http://www.transpersonal.com.au/transpersonal-self/meaning-of-love.htm



QUOTES

"To love, is to recognise yourself in another" Eckhart Tolle

"Love is a state of being, your love is not outside, it is deep within in you.  You can never lose it and it cannot leave you"
Eckhart Tolle

"I love because my love is not dependent on the object of love. My love is dependent on my state of being. So whether the other
person changes, becomes different, friend turns into foe, does not matter, because my love was never dependent on the other
person. My love is my state of being.  I simply love" OSHO

"If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation" OSHO

"The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your action will be" Dalai Lama



No comments:

Post a Comment